Thursday, August 25, 2011

Shanon heads back to UOP!

"The difference between school and life? In school, you're taught a lesson and then given a test. In life, you're given a test that teaches you a lesson."
-Tom Bodett


Today's WOD:
Strength:
Power Clean 3-3-3-3-3


Met-con:
In 3 minutes, run 400m then row as many meters in the remaining time. Rest 3-minutes, then repeat 3 more times.

Shanon goes back to the University of the Pacific - As summer comes to an end and the kids go back to school, we say aloha to a few of our awesome college athletes at the gym.  Shanon is one of the athletes heading back to college.  Shanon not only kicked herself back into shape after putting on "Freshman 15", but she also motivated her older sister to do CrossFit! We can't wait for Shanon's Christmas break, so we can see her back at the box.  Until then, study hard and eat meat!



Dear Elyse,

Thank you for letting me workout at your gym this summer. I met so many great people who gave me a lot of memories to cherish and the motivation to show up at the box everyday. CrossFit 808 made an impact on me physically, this summer I dropped weight in the double digits, I also feel a lot better about myself. 

The CrossFit Games was, by far, the most amazing experience I had this summer! A HUGEEE eye opener and a great competition to be a part of. You did absolutely outstanding in all the workouts and I'm glad I can call you my coach and my friend. 

I'm off to Nor Cal in about 2 hours. Back to school for me, but I will be on paleo up there and I'll definitely hit some WODs at my school's gym, so send me some workouts that do not involve dropping weights so I don't get kicked out! 

Keep up that great work ethic and I'll be looking forward to watching you compete in the Games next year. Take care and goodluck in your future endeavors! See you in December! :)

Love,
Shanon


Yesterday's WOD Board:

No comments:

Post a Comment