Tuesday, June 3, 2014

The 2014 Nor Cal Regionals!

"I feel that luck is preparation meeting opportunity."
-Oprah Winfrey


Where do I begin? What an amazing week we had at the 2014 Nor Cal Regional. Like a proud parent, I am still soaking it all in, with a huge smile on my face. I could not be more satisfied with the effort from both teams. All the hard work, dedication, and sacrifices you all have made over the past few months definitely showed through your performance.

While I am not surprised that our "second team" finished in 6th place, I am so extremely happy for all 7 of them. Its hard to believe that was your first Regionals, because you guys competed like veterans out there! Not to mention, your team inspired "Team A" throughout the competition. Plan B definitely came together, worked together, and stayed together through the thick and the thin. To Josh Showers, you were one of the best alternates a team could ask for. He was with Plan B every step of the way, and I cannot thank him enough for playing such a huge role in the success of his team. It easily could've of been him on the playing field. Josh, you put your teammates first the entire weekend and you have no idea how much that meant to them. Training for 2015 starts tomorrow, right? :)

"A Team," what can I say? Every year we do this just gets better and better. We were tested early this Regional, but you all stuck to the game plan and kept fighting. You never quit on each other and there was never any doubt that you guys left it all out there. You truly figured out how to adapt and overcome all weekend long. And, what better way than to end with 2 first place finishes, including a world record by over a minute in Event 8. Use that momentum and carry it through our training for the Games.

To our alternate, Shay, thank you for always being so selfless. Everyone knows you could've stepped in there for anyone of us and crushed it. You are by far the most giving person on this team. You are the person that holds us together. Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for being you. We would not be a team without you.

To our traveling fans, if there was ever a moment of doubt throughout the weekend, all we had to do was look up in to the stands. Hearing you all roar was the most amazing feeling! Thank you so much for traveling across the Pacific Ocean to be our support. You guys are "our why" and we hope we made you all proud.

To Lori, thank you for always getting our apparel ready for both the Games and Regionals. I know I stress you out more than I should, but I am so thankful for you and your hard work. We would not look as good out there competing or cheering in the stands if it weren't for you. I am very lucky to have you in my corner. Words are simply not enough.

To CJ Martin, our coach and fearless leader, thank you for all that you have done to prepare us for the weekend. We could not have done it without you! Your words of wisdom throughout the competition calmed all of our nerves and gave each and every one of us the confidence we needed, when we needed it. I am so grateful to have had you in my life over the years! I could not think of a better person to look up to.

Lastly, to my substitute coaches (Cheyne, Kyle, and Bush), thank you for allowing us to travel and compete. I would not be able to participate in Regionals or the Games if it weren't for people like you three taking care of the gym. I am so so grateful. Here's to a unforgettable Nor Cal Regional! Next stop, Carson for the CrossFit Games!

No comments:

Post a Comment