Thursday, May 24, 2012

The many thank yous I owe!

"A winning effort begins with preparation."
-Joe Gibbs


Today's WOD:
Hang Power Snatch
1-1-1-1-1-1-1, on the minute
Rest 3 minutes
Power Snatch
1-1-1-1-1-1-1, on the minute
Rest 3-minutes
Squat Snatch
1-1-1-1-1-1-1, on the minute

2k Row for time.

How to show my appreciation when "thank you" is just not enough...
Behind every great athlete is a strong support system that the athlete leans on whenever he/she needs a little extra love. This is especially true for me. It is not always easy being a "Gamer", an affiliate owner, and a coach (of a pretty badass team). If I didn't have my support system, I can tell you its probably IMPOSSIBLE to do all three. That being said, I'd like to take a moment to show my support system how much the little things they do for me truly mean.

To my family (Mom, Dad, Grandma, brother, and Katie-girl): Thank you for always being so supportive of me in whatever I do or wherever my life takes me. In the moments that I did not believe in myself you guys always did and you let me know that. This is the main reason I have been successful in my endeavors. My love and appreciation goes beyond words.

To my friends: You all do so much for me, things that I may take for granted sometimes but know that I am always very grateful for. The littlest things make the biggest differences for me, like filling up the Brita water jugs to helping me clean the gym up day in and day out. More importantly, thank you guys for always knowing and being there when I need a hug. This past weekend was more than tough and I know you all felt my disappointment. So, thank you all for saying the right things and knowing exactly when to say it. I know there are days that I would not make it through sanely without you all - this weekend was definitely no exception.

To my coaching staff (Josh, Joe, John, Mike, Kyla, and Cheyne): You guys are the heart of this box and I could not ask for a better group of people. Each of you bring your own coaching styles to 808 and make it an amazing place for our athletes. I cannot express my gratitude, nor do I think just saying thank you is enough. Just know that you guys are amazing and the life of the box! Also, big thank you to Jeff Mata and Ken for helping me look after the afternoon classes and the box while we were gone. Knowing the box was in your guys' hands allowed me to be at ease while I was away. I am so thankful!

To my coach (CJ Martin of CrossFit Invictus): You worked my butt these last 6 months, and I came into this Regional stronger and better than any year before. Last year, a 135 Hang Clean would have crushed me, not to mention the Snatch Ladder!  I know you are crazy busy man, but I want you to know that I am so blessed to have you as my coach and I hope to continue making you proud with every workout. Thank you for believing in me.

To my CrossFit 808 athletes: I hope you know that everything I do is to represent each and every one of you. You guys are why I love what I do so much! There is not one person at our box that I don't consider family. You guys are the reason CrossFit 808 is the best gym in the state! Thank you guys for being so supportive of the team and myself throughout our competitions. I know you all wished you could've been there at Regionals, but know that we could feel you guys through your computer screens as you yelled and screamed at the monitor. There wasn't a moment during Regionals that we didn't think about who we represented. We hope we make you guys proud! CrossFit Games here we come!

Yesterday's WOD Board:

No comments:

Post a Comment