Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Raynell's 50-day PC Transformation!

"The height of your accomplishments will equal the depth of your convictions."
-Willam F. Scolavino




Today's WOD:
A. Mobility: Shoulders

B. 3 rounds for times, of:
1000m Row
50 Double-Unders
40 KB Swings (53/35 lbs.)
30 Wall Balls (20/14 lbs.)
Rest 6-minutes

Everyone should read this letter:
Coach Elyse,

Just wanted to mention a few things. I never realized how good I had it at CrossFit 808. I mean of course I knew it was a special place and that the people were great--like family, really. I was very lucky that I walked in one day and decided to join. However, when Dom and I left Hawaii, I was very hopeful that I could find something that could come close to matching what I had at 808. I was so wrong. 

I dabbled in CF in the Fort Benning, GA Area. The coaching just wasn't there. The people were not friendly. Ultimately, I stopped going because too many times, the coaches had no idea what they were talking about. On days with olympic lifts, I would yearn for you or Coach Josh or SOMEBODY to take us through the Burgener Warm-up; I don't even think they knew what that was. They would simply demo the lift and expect us to execute during the WOD. 

We have since moved to Fort Hood, TX. One of the first things I did was start scouting out a new box in the hopes that my Fort Benning experience was just an outlier. But I was wrong. The only box here is severely lacking in equipment. I wouldn't even call it a box. So, that brings me back to thoughts of just how good I had it at 808. You have something so special there. I know you will continue to improve and carry on your standard of excellence there. Just remember to foster that wonderful social aspect and demand the highest level of professionalism of your coaches and you will be miles ahead of the competition. CrossFit 808 is at the top of my list of things to do when I make it back to the islands.

Tell everyone I said hi!
Frank

Yesterday's WOD Board:

1 comment:

  1. That's ironic! I just joined 808 and came from Ft. Benning. Before Benning I was in a box similiar to 808's in terms of use community and family. I was disappointed when I came to Benning to find the CF community not as "Ohana."

    Great letter.

    ReplyDelete