Thursday, March 24, 2011

Excuses or RESULTS--you can't have both!

"You can’t wait for inspiration, you have to go after it with a club."
-Jack London

Above:  Our workouts are made for anyone and this picture definitely reveals that!  Makamae, who just turned 12 years old, does Today's WOD with the rest of the noon class!
Today's WOD:
For time:
100 Game Standard Push-ups
*400m Run once you fail, stop or pause during your Push-ups!*


"Press On, Be Better"
There are days that just pass by smoothly with no bumps in the road.  Days when hitting your WOD is the highlight of the day.  When grabbing a PR is no sweat at all.  Then there are days when you don't feel like working out, when a PR seems "impossible" and all you want to do is nothing at all.  As a competitor in training, I come across those days every now and again.  

In fact, this past Sunday, I didn't feel like working out at all and in my mind I tried to talk myself out of it by coming up with every lame excuse possible.  I mean every lame excuse possible!  It took me about an hour of wasted time and energy, to finally realize that these kind of days are the days that make a break someone--whether you are trying to get into better shape or competing in the CrossFit Games--these are the moments where you can give into your lame excuses and be the same, or press on, DO MORE, and be better because of it.  Although it took a lot from me to get moving, I pressed on and did what I had to do.  I grabbed 2 PRs on Sunday and more than that, I walked away from the gym mentally tougher.

So, I urge you to press on during those moments of "lame excuses" and grab some results, because you will be better for it.  Don't give in, because what they say is true:  "You can have excuses or results, NOT both."


Yesterday's WOD board:

No comments:

Post a Comment