Monday, January 16, 2012

San Diego!

"Ability has nothing to do with opportunity."
-Napoleon Bonaparte




Today's WOD:
Strength:
Back Squats 3-3-3-3-3


Metabolic Conditioning:
AMRAP in 8 minutes, of:
One time 150 Double-Unders buy-in
then in the remaining time...
4 Cleans (185/125 lbs.)
8 Burpees

My Amazing Experience at CJ's Training Camp at CrossFit Invictus: 


This past weekend, I had the huge honor of attending CJ Martin's Training Camp at CrossFit Invictus in San Diego. I say honor, because this camp was jam packed with the best of the best CrossFit coaches: Coach Burgener (olympic lifting), Kelly Starrett (mobility god), Carl Paoli (gymnastics/movement guru), Shane Farmer (rowing coach), George Economou (performance nutrition), and Heidi Fearon (goal coach)! 

On top of that, I was able to work with Coach CJ in person, which was an awesome treat. Not only is he one heck of a motivator, but he knows his stuff! I've only been working with him for about a month now, but I already feel the difference he is making. I am so lucky that he has taken me under his wing this year. Many of you may recognize him as the coach behind the amazing Josh Bridges, who finished 2nd in the 2011 CrossFit Games. Not only was I inspired by Josh's performance at the Games, especially him being such a "little guy", but I was also equally inspired by the passion behind his coach, CJ. I've seen CJ behind the scenes as a coach every year I've competed and I just love his spark. Again, I can't say how lucky I am, and I can't wait to share all the things I've learned from this past weekend to you 808ers. Its going to be fun week ahead! Get some!

Saturday's WOD Board:

No comments:

Post a Comment