Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Transformations: Bryan Silva

“I am not what happened to me, I am what I choose to become.”
-Carl Gustav Jung


Above: Besides looking good, Bryan learned that Paleo also makes you feel good! What I love about Bryan is that he is always positive and definitely not afraid of some good ole' hardwork. Not only does he move some weight around, but he is fantastic at body weight movements, including the awesome Handstand Walk.  I am very sad to announce that he will be leaving us early next year as he is being re-stationed in Washington state. Until then though, I plan on kicking B's butt in class and making him stronger and fitter!

Today's WOD:
Strength:
Clean & Jerk 1-1-1-1-1-1-1


Met-con:
"Elizabeth"
21-15-9 rep rounds for time:
Squat Cleans (135/95 lbs.)
Ring Dips

Transformations: How has CrossFit 808 changed my life?
I joined Crossfit in July of this year, what an eye opener that was. For years I have just gone to the gym and lifted weights on my own, read the Arnold Swarzenegger encyclopedia of bodybuilding, taken and applied tips from friends who were big muscular guys, tried a personal trainer to gain size and even tried to eat what I thought to be very healthy. All of those things proved effective in their own right and will certainly take a person to their goal if that goal is to be a strong chest, big arm and skinny leg physic, (I never really obtained the big arm part) I say skinny leg because in all of those items nobody except the great Arnold ever emphasized on very many or intense leg workouts. 

Since I entered the world of Crossfit I have seen gains in my strength, body and energy I would have never dreamed of or have experienced before. My body at the age of 32 looks better then it did in my junior year of Varsity swim team at a time when I thought no work out was ever as tough as a peak of the season 5 am swim work. Additionally I have been introduced to the crazy effective Paleo lifestyle. If you asked me to eat Paleo in February of this year I would have said forget that. 

While I feel I could keep going on I will sum this up with a quote, “I am Crossfit Drunk, and I don’t want to get sober.” The 808 crew is one seriously tight family; there is nothing but encouragement and support at the box. It is my absolute honor to be apart of that; I am beyond excited to be trained by such an incredible coaching staff who also by the way are some of my newest friends who can have the shirt of my back if they need it. Although my career will soon take me away no matter what 808 will always be my home box and I owe my strength, endurance and well face it beach body to you 808 crossfit. Finally I have to say if it was not for my amazing and dear friends the Kings I would still be in gym benching and curling (BORING!!) and not here with the 808 crew.

Mahalo,
Bryan

Yesterday's WOD Board:

1 comment: