Thursday, September 22, 2011

50-day Paleo Challenge: JUST DO IT!

"Determine never to be idle. No person will have occasion to complain of the want of time who never loses any. It is wonderful how much may be done if we are always doing."
-Thomas Jefferson

Above: My classmate and BFF from Princeton, Alyssa, and her friend, Brie, came in today to workout while visiting Hawaii for a conference.  Alyssa watched me in the 2010 CrossFit Games and has been CrossFitting on and off for a while now, but more recently she has not only been going 5 times a week but Paleo-ing, too! So proud of her!

Today's WOD:
For time:
Run 1600 meters
Rest 3 minutes
Run 1200 meters
Rest 2 minutes
Run 800 meters
Rest 1 minute
Run 400 meters

50-day Paleo Challenge Lecture Date(s):
5:00pm on Thursday, September 29, 2010
11:30am on Saturday, October 1, 2010

Participants who've signed up (let's go people... who else is in?): 
Jeff C., Andrea, Sam R., Syd, Jenn, Coach Elyse, Coach Josh, Elyse's Mom (yes, I signed her up), Kyla, Rome, Lai Lai, Jackie, Ken N., Zach, Mike Y., Shelley, Jade, Jeff M., Sokheng, Shanelle, Jaimie, Nicole, Maila, TJ, and Kellie

Yesterday's WOD Board:

6 comments:

  1. I'm in!! Small pls! And if u can sign ur mom up, I'm signing Kurt up!! Large for him pls :-). Thx Coach!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up, lg or xl? Thanks Coach.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want in! I will be back from HOng Kong tomorrow I will try to come to OCt 1 if not is there another time? Please let me know as I teach saturdays! I want in on the 50 day Paleo!
    WOOO HOOO Im getting excited thinking about it...I miss you guys! Be back soon
    Mia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sign me up please. Size XL

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sharnell: I don't know if we will be allowing 2 NorCal Margaritas per night out... :/

    @ Paulo: You might get too ripped up and tear your larger after 50 days, better go with an XL! j/k

    @ Mia: Glad you can jump on board the train with us! Hope Hong Kong was awesome. On the lectures, I don't know if we can fit in another time, but well see.

    @Mark: Transformation #2

    I told Coach Elyse to sign me up this evening (but little to my knowledge she had already taken the liberty and signed me up on the blog!) Coach Josh has no choice! But I was going to sign up anyway... I swear!

    I will be there for 50 days battling the demons (vanilla ice cream, custard pie, burgers, fried rice etc.) along with you guys!

    My strategies for the challenge:
    1- Grocery shop ahead of time
    2- Keep it simple (meals)
    3- Pack my meals (a weakness of mine)
    4- And don't ever, ever, give in to the darkside!
    UNTIL THE 51ST DAY THAT IS!!!

    ReplyDelete