Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Thank Yous and Testimonials

"Love the moment, and the energy of that moment will spread beyond all boundaries."
-Corita Kent

Above: Get comfortable with the UNCOMFORTABLE!

Today's WOD:
21-18-15-12-9-6-3 rep rounds for time:
Sumo Deadlift High Pull (75/55 lbs.)
Wall Ball Shots (20/14 lbs. to 10 ft.)

Yesterday, I received a beautifully written "Thank You" card from one of our very own athletes, Ceronda.  Ceronda joined us only a month ago, but has been seeing improvement in both her fitness and body composition.  She has been a pleasure to coach and a supportive member during WODs.  I want to take the time and share what she wrote, because it is very inspiring.  In fact, this has inspired me to start a section on our website for "testimonials", so feel free to write/email me your stories (elyse@808crossfit.com).  Here's what the card said:

Dearest Coach Elyse,

I wanted to take some time in writing, to express my sincere gratitude for making the choice to open CrossFit 808.  For some time, I've been searching for an activity that would uplift my spirits and push me beyond my own limits.  I tried running, paddling, swimming, surfing... you name it, i probably did it!  But, nothing has compared to what I have experienced at CrossFit.

As you already know, CrossFit is a challenge.  Everyday, I am tasked with overcoming a "WOD wall" that seems to get taller and taller as each day goes by.  At times, I am filled with anxiety as I make my journey down Pu'uhale Road.  There are days when a "little voice" tells me to turn around and head back home.  Then in an  instant, I am brought back to reality and continue my way back to the box.  I have learned, throughout my life that there is opposition in all things and more often than not, we are our greatest opponents.

With the passing of my grandma, the illnesses that exist in my family and the challenges that life seems to present just at the "right time"; CrossFit 808 has uplifted my spirit and reminded me of a hope that I could only obtain through my savior and redeemer--Jesus Christ.  It might seem far-fetched, but your staff, my CrossFit 808 brothers and sisters, and your spirit has changed my life in a way that tests my character, my patience and my endurance.

Thank you, thank you, thank you Coach Elyse!

Aloha,
Ceronda

Yesterday's WOD Board:

No comments:

Post a Comment