Saturday, May 14, 2011

Don't wait... a better life is within reach!

‎"I am only one, but still I am one. I cannot do everything, but still I can do something. And because I cannot do everything I will not refuse to do the something that I can do." 
-Helen Keller

Above: Hoku, pictured above, and his bother, Mike, both have made huge strides in a few months at our box.  They will both be leaving us at the end of the month.  Hoku will be moving to San Francisco at the end of the month.  Mike is going into the Navy.  Make sure you give them plenty of aloha in these next could of weeks!  We will surely miss the both of them!

Today's WOD:
"Nancy"
5 rounds for time:
400 M Run
15 Overhead Squats (95/65 lbs.)

What's your hold up?
The other day, while I waited in line at the pharmacy, I observed some very sick people around me: a female in her 30's was just out of the hospital (she still had her ER band on her wrist); a man in his 40's had very swollen ankles and could barely walk; and the other guy could barely walk to the counter to pick-up his prescription. Three different situations, but the one thing they had in common was that they were all overweight.  I had a feeling of remorse overwhelm me, because a part of me wanted to hand them my business card and say, "I can help you feel better and keep you away from the pharmacy."  

As I drove home, I thought about the lack of knowledge in personal fitness and nutrition that existed in the world.  CrossFit and Paleo are not the end all, cure all to the hundreds of illnesses and diseases out there; but, CrossFit and Paleo have proven to be a great combination in keeping you healthy and fit, which also means you'll stay away from the pharmacy.  I am not a doctor, but what I prescribe is very valuable.  I can change your life and teach you how to live healthier.  Yes, you will have to work for it and no, it doesn't happen overnight.  But, if you give me a 30-days of your life... I can change it for the better!  So, what are you waiting for?

Yesterday's WOD Board:

No comments:

Post a Comment