Saturday, November 26, 2011

Transformations: Jade Savusa

“Give until it hurts.”
-The Dalai Lama



Jade joined us in April of 2011 and since then has made remarkable changes to her physique and fitness level. I am so proud of  her! Jade's determination and commitment to better health have led her to success. She not only motivated herself to workout hard, but she also decided to change her eating habits as well by participating in both our 30-day Paleo Challenge and 50-day Paleo Challenge. Jade showed us it is not only possible to live life better, but she even motivated her family to live better. Now that is love!

Today's WOD:
"Santora"
3 rounds for max reps of:
Squat Cleans (155/105 lbs.)
Shuttle Run (20' forward + 20' backward = 1 rep)
Deadlifts (245/165 lbs.)
Burpees
Jerks (155/105 lbs.)
1-minute at each station.
1-minute rest between each round.

50-day Paleo Challenge Transformation: "How has CrossFit 808 changed your life?"


Crossfit has changed my life in many ways, from meeting positive people who now I call friends, living a healthier life style, challenging myself to do what I thought was impossible, and "wanting" to workout daily.  I have always been active in sports throughout high school and college.  After I graduated from college in 2005, I kind of fell off on working out.  I have done it my whole life, it was a job and being back home meant I could eat whatever I wanted and hat I didn't have to wake up early and train.  However, by doing that I gained 40lbs in 5 years. Unhealthy eating and doing little gym workouts, yoga, and kick boxing at 24 hour fitness was not the remedy to keep the weight off.  Working out became boring to me and I didn't have the motivation to workout, until CROSSFIT came into the picture.  I've heard about crossfit and thought it was intense and I wanted to try it out.  I'm glad that I did "try it out" b/c I found my "nitch" again. Something that is competitive, challenging, and that I look foward to doing on a daily basis.  Crossfit has not only made me stronger physically, but also mentally. There were many times I wanted to give up, but with the positive support you keep going.   I never thought I would be able to do a pull-up and to accomplish one of my goals is "O" for "AWESOME..."  Crossfit has also introdcued me to PALEO.  Something that I also thought I could never do.  But learning about the healthy benefits of PALEO and doing the challenges, PALEO has become part of my diet. 

It has also brought my little sister and I closer.  We are 10 years apart and weren't as close as we are now.  She used to be my little cheer leader on the sidelines during highschool and I had the oppurtunity to coach her during her senior year.  But we never actually shared any of those athletic experiences together.  To  work out side by side with   "HOUSE", motivating and competing against each other is a rewarding experience bc it has strengthened our relationship despite our age difference. 

I just want to thank you Elyse, the coaches and Crossfit 808 for introdcuing me to a healthier lifestyle, meeting great athletes, and giving me that "competitive, challeneging adreniline rush" back. 

Wednesday's WOD Board:

No comments:

Post a Comment