Tuesday, August 2, 2011

No one does it alone...

"Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."
-George Bernard Shaw



Today's WOD:
EMOM for 20 minutes:
3 Deadlifts (275/185 lbs.)
20 Double Unders


Thank you!  "No one who achieves success does so without the help of others. The wise and confident acknowledge this help with gratitude." -Alfred North Whitehead

Words cannot express how much love I have for everyone who supported me this past weekend.  Whether you were there in person, or cheering through your computer screen miles and miles away, I am so thankful.  

To the coaches who helped keep 808 running while I was away--Coach Cheyne, Coach Josh, Nakoa, Grant, and Loren--thank you so much.  Knowing all of you would take good good care of the gym and the athletes allowed me to not focus on competing.  I could not have gone without your support.  Thank you, Coach Josh, for updating the blog and putting up at home WODs.  Thank you, dad, for cleaning and maintaining the gym while I was away.

My support crew at the Home Depot Center was amazing.  Kyla, Rachel, Peedi, Hoku, Rome, Eli, Haya, Anthony, Blaine, Janelle, Pauline, Shanon, Jade, Jamie, the Ramirez ohana, Yuan Xue, Sharnell, Kurt, "J", Jacie, Goga, Keli'i, Horace, Lori, Mom, and Josh--the love and support you guys showed by cheering your butts off while I competed made all the difference in the world.  To the mommies--thank you for preparing my meals and making sure I had everything I needed to be successful.

To everyone at home, to the CrossFit 808 athletes, and my friends around the world, who tuned in this weekend--thank you for all the texts and messages throughout the weekend.  Some how you all managed to send some love exactly when I needed it.  Every single message put a smile on my face and kept me in the right frame of mind.  Knowing you guys were up at crazy hours of the day yelling at your computers made me want to work that much harder!


To my sponsors, Reebok and Rogue Fitness--thank you for allowing me to be apart of great companies.  I am so honored and blessed.  Thank you for providing me with everything I need to be a successful CrossFit athlete.

To my coach, John--I cannot put into words how much it meant that you were behind me every step of the way this past weekend.  Whenever you were there by my side calling me "Superstar"... always put me in the right frame of mind before a workout.  You somehow know exactly what to say to make me believe, even when I have my own doubts.  Not many people know the behind the scene things Coach John did for me at the Games.  To say the least, he definitely put up with a lot, especially when I hit my lows.  Coach John never left my side and made sure I did what I needed to do when I needed to do it.  I could not ask for a better coach or friend.  I  know I don't say this enough, but thank you for believing in me and thank you for being my coach.  I could not have done it without you.

No one does the CrossFit Games alone.  The success that I had this year in the Open, at Regionals, and at the Games is a direct reflection the wonderful people in my life.  I am so thankful for each of you and so blessed to have your support!  I hope I made you all proud.

Yours truly,
Elyse

Yesterday's WOD Board:

2 comments:

  1. Elyse
    You did such an awesome job! And such a model of Hawaii strength, grace, determination and fortitude. We were so proud to wear an 808 shirt and an Elyse blue rogue shirt! The Ramirez ohana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Showing off a PR in grace and humility, once again. 808 as a gym and a state is lucky to have Elyse!

    ReplyDelete