Tuesday, April 2, 2013

More on The Champ, Mary Schwing!

“The improvements this past year have been countless — from kipping pull-ups, pistols and stringing my double-unders together, to better executing lifts like the snatch and clean and jerk … the list goes on and on,” she says. “I am in better shape now than at any time of my life.” 
-Mary Schwing

Above: "When I grow up, I want to be like Mary!" This phrase not only captures the how beautifully our Mary Schwing ages, but how much she improves in the sport of CrossFit at the young age of 61! I mean, really ask yourself, how many 61 year olds do you know that has a Chest to Bar Pull-up? I'm pretty sure you can count the answer on one hand. However, PRs and daily CrossFit achievements are only second to her spirit and determination. Mary not only crushes workouts day in and day out, but she also does it with a smile on her face! That's the best part, really, how much fun she is having while crushing it! Its not easy being the reigning champ, but Mary has humbly taken on that role with class. Here's to you champ! I cannot tell you how happy you make me when I see you walk in the box everyday. So proud to be your coach!
Today's WOD:
A. Five sets of:
Front Squat
* Set 1 – 3 reps @ 75-80%
* Set 2 – 2 reps @ 80-85%
* Set 3 – 1 rep @ 85-90%
* Set 4 – 1 rep @ 90-95%
* Set 5 – 1 rep @ 95+%
Rest 2-minutes

B. Two sets of:
Back Squat x Max Reps @ today’s heaviest FS weight
Rest 2-3 minutes

C. "Cindy"
AMRAP in 20-minutes, of:
5 Pull-ups
10 Push-ups
15 Squats

OR

"Mary"
AMRAP in 20-minutes, of:
5 Handstand Push-ups
10 Alternating Pistols
15 Pull-ups

Read Mary's article on the Games website here: "Taking the Win One Year In".

Yesterday's WOD Board:

No comments:

Post a Comment