Wednesday, February 15, 2012

RESPECT YOUR BOX!

"Without feelings of respect, what is there to distinguish men from beasts?"
-Confucius


 Above: RESPECT your box! I am not your maid, PLEASE clean up after yourself and your children. 

Today's WOD:
Back Squat 3-3-3-3-3-3-3


For time:
20 Back Squats (225/155 lbs.)
40 Toes to Bar
60 KB Swings (70/53 lbs.)

READ, IT IS A VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM COACH ELYSE:
Do you know our box rules? Have you ever took the time to actually read the very large poster hanging in the front of the gym? If your answer is NO, then you'd better memorize it TODAY!

I am normally pretty lenient and as Coach Kyla says, "nice" about the disrespect for the gym that goes on. But, today I'm at my boiling point. Not only did I step in gum as I walked into the gym this morning (why in the world are you even chewing gum?), but I was greeted by to 2 birds inside the enterance of the box, snacking on what looked like reminisce of cereal on the gym floor (RULE #8)! Then, I walk in further to see CHALK every-freakin-where (RULE #4) and dirt/grass chunks all over the place. Steam is coming out of my ears at this point! Then I find empty water bottles all over the place: in the box where our dry-erase pens go, all over the counter, and even by the Wall Ball shelves! 

I love you all very much and I know you love being apart of CrossFit 808, but some of you need to learn a little respect for your gym, and moreover, me! I was supposed to come in this morning and hit my first workout of the day, but instead, I had to vacuum the food and chalk mess, clean the bathroom, clean up everyone water bottles and remove the gum off of my shoes. Now, I am not only pissed off, but disappointed in the disrespectfulness of my members.

So, like any good parent would do if their child misbehaves, there are consequences. First of all, chalk will no longer be a privilege of yours until the end of the month or when I feel you guys understand what I am saying. If I catch anyone walking into our box with shoes they just wore on a muddy hike, the entire class will warm-up with 100 Burpees. If I have to clean up the mezzanine because there it is a disaster and toys/food are all over the place the entire class will just run for their workout of the day. Furthermore, if plastic water bottles are left anywhere besides the recycling bin, I will no longer sell water at the gym and you guys will have to bring your own water in. Please be more respectful of the box and your coaches. As much as we love you, we are not your maids and should not have to pick up after you.

With only love,
Coach Elyse


Yesterday's WOD Board:
Will be posted soon.

1 comment:

  1. Crack that whip sister! A good leader knows how to have the hard conversations when needed. You're a GREAT leader!

    ReplyDelete