Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Transformations: Mark Sakamoto

"Beautiful young people are accidents of nature, but beautiful old people are works of art."
-Eleanor Roosevelt

 Above: Mark, back in April 2011, when he first joined us! This was taken right before our first 30-day Paleo Challenge.

 Above: Mark, in May 2011, post-30 day Paleo Challenge. The changes from the first set of pictures are evident.

Above: Mark, today, after following the Paleo and CrossFit lifestyle since April 2011. My favorite comparison is the picture of his back and lats. What a difference! Many of you know Mark as the super fit guy around the gym, but little did you know where he started and how hard he has worked! I am so happy to share his transformation with the world, because it shows off what discipline and determination can get you. Congratulations, Mark, you are truly an inspiration!

Today's WOD:
Strength:
Hang Power Snatch 3-3-3-3-3


Met-con:
AMRAP in 20 minutes, of:
12 Power Snatch (65/45 lbs.)
10 Hand Release Push-ups

50-day Paleo Challenge Transformations: "How has CrossFit 808 made a difference in my life?"
"What hasn't it done is a better question!  It makes me sore, it makes me angry, it makes me happy, and sad, it's exhilarating, it's exhausting, and last but certainly not least, it's just plain FUN!!!  I finally found the secret ingredient to change life...CrossFit!  I wish I would have known about this 10 years ago!  The camaraderie I feel at CrossFit 808, is no different than what I experienced 20+ years ago with high school and college athletes.  Everyone is encouraging and helpful.  Thank you to the coaches for sharing your knowledge, I couldn't have done it without the help."  -Mark Sakamoto


50-day Paleo Challenge participants: I still need before, middle, and after Paleo Challenge pictures! Thank you to those who have already sent me theirs! Your changes have been so remarkable! You can email me your before/middle/after photos (elyse@808crossfit.com) or you can bring in hard copies. I also want you to answer this question: How has CrossFit 808 made a difference in my life? 3, 2, 1... GO!

THANKSGIVING HOLIDAY SCHEDULE: We will be CLOSED on THANKSGIVING (Thursday, November 24th) and BLACK FRIDAY (Friday, November 25th). We will re-open on Saturday with our normal class schedule: 9am and 10am.


Yesterday's WOD Board:


No comments:

Post a Comment