Monday, November 28, 2011

Transformations: Jamie King

"In the middle of a difficulty lies opportunity."
-Albert Einstein



 Above: Jamie King has made significant gains since she has joined 808. Not only has her strength increased in her lifting, but she's seen awesome changes in her body composition.  As you can see, Jamie, had a great body to begin with, and some will say she "didn't need Paleo".  Well, Jamie and I, will tell you that the changes in her body were not only on the outside but the inside, and that's why she Paleos. I should also add that Paleo has helped her cooking skills! This girl can whip up some of the best complete Paleo meals I have tasted, appetizer to desserts! I am so proud of Jamie and her commitment to better health.


Today's WOD:
Strength:
Back Squat 3-3-3-3-AMRAP


Met-con:
"Open WOD #6"
AMRAP in 7 minutes, of:
3 Thrusters (95/65 lbs.)*
3 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
6 Thrusters (95/65 lbs.)*
6 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
9 Thrusters (95/65 lbs.)*
9 Chest to Bar Pull-ups
12*/12, 15*/15, 18*/18, continue till time runs out.
*NO DROPPING BARBELLS.
See April 29, 2011.

Transformations: How has CrossFit 808 changed your life?
"When I moved here back in April my number one goal was to find a good gym, and that I did!  I came to check the gym out 2 days after landing on island; the coaches were very helpful, everyone was encouraging and definitely made me feel welcome. Crossfit 808 has made a huge difference in my life; not only nutrition and fitness but I have made the most awesome friends!  With the help of the coaches and athletes at the gym I have definitely furthered my education in Paleo nutrition, Olympic lifting and crossfit all together." -Jamie King, 808 athlete since April 2011

Saturday's WOD Board:

No comments:

Post a Comment