Thursday, October 6, 2011

What's your fish oil brand?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."
-Plato

Above: Loren "LJ" Jerlow was a judge this past Sunday, and boy did he do a great job! Thanks for volunteering at the event, LJ, and representing 808 well.  Events like this past weekend's could not be successful without the help of the many organizers, volunteers, and judges.

Today's WOD:
For time:
30 Pull-ups
21 Thrusters (115/75 lbs.)
50 Double-Unders
21 Hang Power Cleans (115/75 lbs.)
50 Double-Unders
21 Overhead Squats (115/75 lbs.)
50 Double-Unders
21 Burpees
30 Pull-ups

Day 4 of the 50-day Paleo Challenge: don't forget to take your fish oil!
My favorite brands are Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, Pure Pharma Omega-3, and Barlean's.  I like to purchase mine online, but lately I've been bulk ordering the Nordic Naturals Ultimate Omega, so let me know if you ever want in on my order.

Question of the day: What's your favorite brand of fish oil? Where do you get your fish oil from?

Yesterday's WOD Board:

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Coach Elyse for posting today's WOD! I am mentally preparing...looks fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAAH LJ! Best NO REPS I've ever seen.

    I've been taking the Costco brand one because, I don't know. Will definitely look to try one of your brands up there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take the sfh omega 3 oil. Is the Nordic Naturals ultimate omega in capsule or liquid form?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use the Costco brand also, because of the price. I use 4 capsules 3x's/Day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Coach, I'll take another bottle of the Ultimate Omega. :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes! Awesome job and many thanks to those that helped out at that event to make it a huge success! Cool pic of LJ!

    I had fun today at the afternoon classes, what a WOD!

    FISH OIL ANSWER: Nordic Naturals for me when I want to stay in tip-top shape, but Carlson's liquid or capsule form is good for me too.

    COACH JOSH'S DAY 4 PALEO CHALLENGE:

    Breakfast: 5 Omega-3 cage-free eggs cooked with coconut oil, baby lettuce/baby carrots, some broccoli, korean pear, almonds and some walnuts, fish oil

    Lunch: leftover chicken breast, baby lettuce/baby carrots/broccoli, spinach, PaleoPeoples Banana Nut pieces, fish oil

    PWO: none

    Dinner: Shabushabu Thai Restaurant on Kapahulu
    Chicken Broth w/chicken, vegetable platter (minus rice noodles, tofu) and Thai Beef Salad.
    Then.... SOME coconut Bliss! SOME. and 1/2 tomato.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You put the tomato on top of the Coconut Bliss? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha!..coconut bliss + tomato = barf!..

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah... did you eat that together?? g-ross!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh... and to answer the question about liquid and capsule fish oil: I have not been good with liquid fish oil. I tried it once, the Carlson's brand, but can't stomach the texture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol!
    I had my half a tomato well after the coconut bliss.

    A second dessert!... half A tomato!

    (Thanks Kamu)

    ReplyDelete