Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Paleo and your children!

"The Pessimist complains about the wind, the Optimist expects it to change and the Realist adjusts his sails."
-William Arthur Ward

Above: Haya, 6, chose to eat salmon and olives for breakfast!

Today's WOD:
"D.T."
In honor of USAF SSgt Timothy P. Davis, 28, who was killed on Feburary, 20 2009 supporting operations in OEF when his vehicle was struck by an IED. Timothy is survived by his wife Megan and one-year old son T.J.
5 rounds for time:
12 Deadlifts (155/105 lbs.)
9 Hang Power Cleans (155/105 lbs.)
6 Push Jerks (155/105 lbs.)
See July 7, 2011.

Day 16 of the 50-day Paleo Challenge: Paleo Kids by Everyday Paleo!
So now that you're eating better, feeling better, looking better... what about your family? What about your children? Children need to eat as well as you do! In fact, its even more important for them because they are building their eating habits with what you feed them right now.  For example, I was lucky that my parents did not allow me to drink soda while I was a kid, so when I was old enough to make my own decisions I didn't even want it. The excuses that "you feel bad because they don't get to eat the junks" or "they don't listen to me" or "they won't eat vegetables" is all a load of bologna! You are the parent and they eat what you give them.  Want your children to be smarter, stronger, and healthier? Then, feed them better.

"If I had a dollar for every time someone has asked me, “What do you feed your kids when eating Paleo?” I would be a gazillionaire…  The short answer is, they eat what I make - and what I allow in my house.  If you only have healthy options available in YOUR house, there will not be any need for arguing, negotiating, begging, or pleading." (from Everyday Paleo: Food for kids--what to pack for lunch, quick breakfast, and more)

"I realize 100% that this blog post is just the tip of the paleo kids iceberg, and I have written about this concept before but everyone needs a place to start; I know because I have been there." (from Everyday Paleo: Paleo Kids)


So here’s a list to focus on as you start your paleo kid journey:
  1. Rid the house of the junk.
  2. Do not make a big deal about the transition to healthier eating and focus on FUN!
  3. Get the kids in the kitchen with you.
  4. Do not stress out; your kids will eat!
  5. Jump up and down for joy when you see them dive into a yummy plate of slow cooked chicken and sweet potatoes – why? See number 6!
  6. Rest assured that your child is getting more nutrients and better nutrients by eating paleo than he or she would on a standard American diet and by removing the gut irritating grains, dairy, and legumes, your child is able to better absorb the nutrients that he or she is eating!!
  7. Stick with it, you can do this, celebrate your successes, relax and live a little, enjoy your kids and let the messes begin!!
Yesterday's WOD Board:

1 comment:

  1. Awesome photo Haya!! Go Paleo!!

    Today's WOD in honor of SSGT TIMOTHY P. DAVIS may he R.I.P.

    COACH JOSH'S DAY 16 PALEO CHALLENGE

    Breakfast: 6 omega-3 eggs cooked in coconut oil and black pepper, green lettuce, some broccoli, korean pear, 100% dark chocolate piece, fish oil

    Lunch: Top Round broiled in coconut oil AND (I used spices) [ Tumeric, cumin, garlic powder, 21 seasonings salute, and black pepper], green lettuce, broccoli, some toasted pumpkin seeds, fish oil, coconut flakes, apple

    PWO: chicken breast pieces, larabar (cashew cookie), (BF) sweet potato

    Dinner: Grylt Signature Salad (double steak), some toasted pumkin seeds, fish oil

    ReplyDelete