Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Give thanks for a little and you will find a lot."
-Hausa of Nigeria


Today's WOD:
A. Back Squat

B. "Open WOD 12.4"
AMRAP in 12-minutes of:
150 Wall Balls (20/14 lbs. to 10/9 ft.)
90 Double-Unders
30 Muscle-ups

A very thankful Thanksgiving!
Wishing all of you a wonderful rest day and an even better Thanksgiving! Thank you to everyone who has been apart and still apart of the CrossFit 808 ohana - I couldn't have hand picked a better group to represent us. CrossFit 808 is a second home and a second family to all of its members, so always remember you have two families who love and care for you. 

Big shout out to the coaches of CrossFit 808: Josh, Joe, John, Mike, Kyla, and Cheyne. You guys are the heart and soul of this box. This box could not function without you six. The quality and compassion you all provide is the reason our members are so successful. I am so grateful for each and every one of you!

Thank you to my dad for all the behind the scenes work he does. You may or may not know this, but my dad is the guy that quietly comes into the gym restocks the water, paper towels, and toilet paper. He also cleans everything from the walls to the mirrors and showers upstairs. When I'm too tired from the week to mop the gym floor, he's the guy that fills and does it. I am to say the least, spoiled by my father, but not ungrateful. He has been behind me from day one on this dream of mine to open a CrossFit Affiliate, and I am so thankful.

To my coach and mentor, CJ Martin (owner of CrossFit Invictus): thank you for taking me under your wing and developing me into the athlete I am today. Over the past year, I have crushed PRs in movements I never thought possible. I am so thankful I am one of your athletes and look forward to the very bright future.

I hope everyone has an awesome Thanksgiving Day! We'll see you at the box tomorrow to work off everything non-Paleo you consume!


Next Elements Program begins Monday, November 26, 2012! Sign-up today, space is limited!
For any NEW or interested athletes, successful completion of the Elements program is required in order to participate in our regular CrossFit classes. Group Elements classes occur on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays at either 7:30am (with Coach Joe) or 7:15pm (with Coach Josh). Attendance at all classes is required to pass. If any session is missed, a private make-up session for $50 must be scheduled with your coach. The Elements program begins Monday, November 26, 2012. Spaces are limited to 10 athletes each session, so don't wait because they fill up fast! To reserve a spot in the next program, please email info@808crossfit.com with the SUBJECT LINE: AM/PM (choose one) Elements Program.

We also offer Private and Shared Private Elements for your convenience. Besides the benefit of more personal coaching, you also have more flexibility in scheduling Private and Shared Private Elements. If you are an experienced CrossFitter or have completed an Elements-like program at another CrossFit Affiliate please contact us for your options.

Thanksgiving Holiday Schedule:
In honor of Thanksgiving, we will be CLOSED on Thursday, November 22nd. 
Holiday Schedule on Black Friday, November 23rd: 9am, 10am, and 11am only!
Normal Class Schedule on Saturday, November 24th: 9am and 10am.

Yesterday's WOD Board:

No comments:

Post a Comment