Tuesday, June 7, 2011

When its all said and done...

“When you reach the top, keep climbing.”




Today's WOD:
For max reps of each:
(Tabata--8 rounds: 20 seconds of work, 10 seconds of rest)
Tabata Front Squat (95/65 lbs.)
Tabata Push Press (95/65 lbs.)
Tabata Wall Balls (20/14 lbs. to 10')
Tabata Double-Unders

The Northern California Regional
"No I'm not lucky, I'm blessed..."

The Nor Cal Regional was a great event--timely, organized, and a whole lot of fun!  Huge thank you to all of the judges and volunteers for their time and energy.  The event wouldn't be a success without you guys.  Huge thank you to the organizers (Andy and Austin), the media crew/photographers, and the DJ!  Thank you to Rogue Fitness (Bill and Caity) for my fabulous apparel, weightlifting shoes, equipment, and moreover, for choosing me and supporting me.  

Thank you to the group of people who have supported me throughout my endeavors.  I could not ask for a better group of family and friends.  To the awesome athletes at my box, thank for the encouragement throughout the weekend.  I could feel your aloha even though I was miles away.  Every time I stepped on the field to workout, I represent you guys and that reminds me to push harder.  Thank you to those who stepped in and helped out at the box while we were all away.  

Thank you to Coach Nakoa, Coach Grant, Coach Steve, Coach Seth, and Coach Janet for leading the classes and doing a spectacular job!  Knowing my box was in your hands made it easy for me to focus at Regionals.  

To my coaching staff, Josh, Cheyne, and John--I cannot thank you 3 enough for all that you do.  I am so lucky to have you guys as coaches and more importantly, friends.  You guys are the reason CrossFit 808 is a successful box.  You guys are the pillars in my life and I remind myself that all the time.  

Last but not least, thank you to my coach, John Bentley, for all the time and energy he puts into making me a better athlete.  I know that I am stubborn and can be moody at times, but I take everything you tell me and try to execute as best I can.  I could not have done as well as I did without you by my side!  One down, one more to go coach! 3, 2, 1... GO!

No comments:

Post a Comment