Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Thank you from Meg Gayman (Stoneway CrossFit in Seattle)

"Duty makes us do things well, but love makes us do them beautifully."
-Zig Ziglar 


Above:  This has to be one of my favorite pictures from Regionals!  Have you gotten your new shirt?

Today's WOD:
"Nicole"
AMRAP in 20 minutes, of:
400m Run
Max Reps Pull-ups
Note the number of Pull-ups completed each round.

I received an awesome email from a former Seattle visitor, who came to workout at our box in April.  Thank you, Meg!  You are welcome to visit us anytime you are here in the islands!  Here's what her email said:

Hi Coach Elyse,


I was just checking in on your blog to see what CrossFit 808 has been up to lately and I came across your post about thanks yous and testimonials. 


I would like to extend my sincere thanks for giving me such a great experience when I visited in April. It's always a little scary walking into a CrossFit Gym that isn't your "home box"; you just don't know what to expect and how you will measure up. Luckily I felt right at home at CrossFit 808. You can tell that you and your coaches truly care for all the members of your gym. It was a true pleasure meeting you and getting to know a couple of your athletes. Everyone was so welcoming and I walked away learning a couple of new things and feeling proud of myself for trying so hard while I visited. I wore my "stronger, faster, better" tshirt during my half marathon a couple of weeks after I had visited you. The slogan on the shirt helped keep me focused on my big goal of hitting a 1:35.  Instead of hitting my goal time I blew right past it and got 1:33:04. I attribute a lot of my success in that race to getting involved in CrossFit. Boxes like yours exude the true community feeling that makes CrossFit so great. So thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting a newbie from Seattle come workout with, and be taught by, some of the best athletes in the country. It was truly a wonderful experience.


All the best,
Megan Gayman


PS- Congratulations on your incredible accomplishments at Regionals, I'm cheering for you!! 


Yesterday's WOD Board:

No comments:

Post a Comment