Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Feeling of Camaraderie

“The nice thing about teamwork is that you always have others on your side.”
-Margaret Carty


Above: This picture just puts a smile on my face.  Our ROGUE Infinity Pullup Rig filled with our athletes getting after their 100 Pull-ups, which can be modified with Pullup Bands or Jumping Pullups.

A few days ago, I touched on the subject of the benefits of group exercise and how the more the merrier in CrossFit WODs.  I received an email from one of our athletes today that I just had to share.  Taking on something new is not always easy and can be very intimidating.  However, most times, for those who press on and give something a try, regardless of the result, they have no regrets.  Its like they say--half the battle is showing up.

Shanelle's first experience at a CF808 Class is a great example of going and giving something new a try.   She found that while CrossFit WODs may not be easy, having others around you working just as hard and getting better for it makes it seem easier. Way to go Shanelle!

Elyse,

First of all I just wanted to thank you for the great intense workout I experienced on Saturday, it kicked my butt. Second I am very pleased with your gym, the facility, the trainers, as well as the members. I am not the kind of person who likes to go to classes not knowing anyone, I always drag someone along however I couldn't find anyone to drag so I sucked it up and went anyway. The result was not just a great workout but a feeling of being accepted. Upon leaving your gym I felt the meaning of group exercise. It threw me by surprise when your friend got down with me, motivated and pushed me to finish. That is something that has never happened in any "group" class that I have joined. With that I am very eager to begin my long awaited crossfit experience at you gym!

Thanks,
Shanelle 

Today's WOD (110302 Mainsite WOD):
3 rounds for time:
400m Run
15 Squat Snatches (75/55 lbs.)
9 HSPU

Yesterday's WOD board:

No comments:

Post a Comment