Friday, February 18, 2011

One Step at a Time


"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

-Henry David Thoreau


If you asked me 10 years ago, what I would be doing with my life, I do not think I’d have ever envisioned myself owning and operating my own CrossFit Gym. Yet, with each passing day the once distant dream is becoming a reality. For the last 2 months, I have been making my dreams a reality one step at a time. While the road has not always been easy, I have had help and support from a strong group of friends and family along the way. Now, only two days out from opening and running a full class schedule starting Tuesday, February 22nd, the hard work and long hours that we all put in feels worthwhile. The transition from a dirty, rundown warehouse to a clean, lively CrossFit gym has been an experience of its own. I have learned so much from so many people in the past months, and I cannot thank everyone who has helped me--big or small--enough. If this post stands for anything, let it remind you that dreams can become reality, but from my experience, you do have to work hard for it and you can't do it alone, so ask for help and ask often. Like Howard Schultz, CEO and author of Pour Your Heat Into It, says in his book, "If you pour your heart into your work, or into any worthy enterprise, you can achieve dreams others may think impossible. That's what makes life rewarding."


See you in the gym!

-Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment